Monday, August 24, 2009

At the End of the Day

When it comes to food there are a great deal of delicious entrĂ©es, deserts, and hors d'oeuvres, but these great dishes are only tasty. They lack a key ingredient which every at home chef knows how to add. It is care. Not the care in which you want the dish to come out exactly like the instructions; it is the care where you are actually concerned with the person you are cooking for. These types of foods are usually not the most complicated dishes but the simple comfort foods. Like a warm bowl of thick and rich chicken noodle soup on a cold winter’s night or a cup of warm milk right before bed. I recently rediscovered this feeling when I had a tall glass of cool, rich chocolate milk after a long and strenuous day of mishaps and college classes.

3 comments:

  1. Coincidentally, our posts have a similar theme: comforting food after long, tiring days.

    Just wondering: you start out the post by emphasizing the secret and vital ingredient in food: care. Who was it who cared to fix you a tall glass of chocolate milk?

    Dr. Tiff

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know it sounds vain, but I served myself the chocolate milk. I do not know what it was, but that glass of milk was very good and made me want to write this.

    Dewey

    Dr. Tiff, I had to use a different web browser to comment.

    ReplyDelete