Sunday, August 30, 2009

Woody Feast

Hey chefs of P4 foodies!
I'm Hanyu and I'm here to talk about the amazing selection of food that can be found in Woodruff Dining Hall!
On entering the Woodruff (Woodies as we call it), you are hit immediately by the heavenly aroma of delicious and juicy food. Taking a few strides bring you to the sight of a brilliant combination of colours. Golden-yellow fries, fresh green vegetables, brown chocolate ice-creams, and blazing white rice! However, your attention will be drawn towards the automatic plates with steaming pizza on them. Pizza!! One of the best food to eat whenever and wherever you are.


Looks great doesn't it? I feel hungry just by looking at it! Not to mention the blue fancy drink I picked up from the drinks vending machine on the side, these two made a perfect combination for lunch.



As soon as I finished the two crispy slices of fantastic pizza, I proceeded to the sandwich counter where a long queue was standing. So I thought, "If that many people are waiting in line to eat a sandwich, it must be really good! I'll give it a try too." With that in mind, I stood waiting for an age in the queue before arriving at the window. There were a variety of sauce, meat slice, vegetables and pickles from which you could choose. I didn't know which one was good, so I asked for a piece of each. In the end, my sandwich ended up huge. When I took the picture, only the second half of the sandwich was left because I simply couldn't resist the temptation to finish off the first half.


It tasted great and as I sank my teeth into the soft texture of the bread and the juicy turkey meat. The mustard sauce added flavor to the taste and made the great sandwich even better.

After that marvelous meal, I decided to get some desert. And amazingly, they have chocolate ice-cream! I was delighted at the sight and picked up a cone as fast as I could.


I may not be a master at making a perfect spiral cone, but it was quite an achievement and I'm proud of it. Nevertheless, the mouth-watering ice-cream satisfied my stomach and I stood up to go back home. My stomach was bulging from the amount of food I ate that day but I was very contend and happy with it.

That is why I have written this blog, to send out a message all of you: "Come eat at Woodies! Its a decision you'll never regret making!!"

P.S. Btw, please feel free to comment or ask as this is my very first post (in my life).

7 comments:

  1. Nice placement of the photographs and yup! I love the pizza, aqua(tic) blast drinks, and the ice cream at Woody's. There are hardly any lines whenever I go although there typically is one for the sandwiches. :) I'll have to give those a shot the next time I go there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Hanyu, I'm glad that you're having a good experience at Woody's because I completely agree. That sandwich looks really tasty, and I love the sandwiches too. It's disappointing to me that the food at Brittain Dining Hall is so under par compared to Woodruff. We students have to trek all the way across campus just for a decent dining experience - but it's worth it. There are always lines at Brittain and I usually just end up eating cereal. Woodruff certainly knows how to fill me up.

    P.S. The ice cream looks delicious too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hanyu, I have one concern. Please tell me you did not eat that ice cream cone off the table with all this flu going around! To all my fellow foodies, take every precaution you can to avoid that stupid virus. Trust me you don't want that stuff. Better safe than sorry ( :

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoy such a feast everyday. I knew my decision to stay at West campus would pay off big-time.

    By the way, haven't you tried the cheeseburgers and hotdogs? They're pretty amazing as well.

    And don't forget the premier pasta...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nope Sam, I didn't eat the bottom of the ice-cream but I did finish off the top half of it though =).
    I know...this flu is annoying!

    ReplyDelete
  6. damn....foood looks much better...but do they have the same menus???or is that different too??make it a point to try and get west campus next year..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmmm...you're all more vigilant about your health than I! I totally would have eaten the whole ice-cream.

    ReplyDelete