Sunday, August 30, 2009

Homesick for Home Cooking

Hi, my name is Logan and I've been away from home for four weeks now and cravings for my mom's food are starting to set in. I am especially missing my mom's breakfast. When I go to Brittain Dining Hall for breakfast there is always a line for the good food, so I always end up getting cereal. What I'm craving are my mom's pancakes and waffles.


http://www.chilloutpoint.com/images/2009/march/Boris_Isayev/pancakes.jpg

Just thinking about my mom's pancakes makes my mouth water. Buttery, golden goodness melting in your mouth accented by warm, sugary syrup. My mom would make me pancakes for breakfast whenever I wanted and I sure do miss them. I'm tempted to count the days until Fall Break when I might go home just for the pancakes.

However, my mom's waffles are just as tasty and I guess I got spoiled with them at home. So much, that during the morning, it's almost all I can think about - pancakes and waffles. Mmmmm!!!


http://esjoie.wordpress.com/2009/03/18/waffles/

What food do you miss from home? Are you craving mom's pancakes too?

4 comments:

  1. Wow! those pan cakes look yummy! I can almost taste the sweetness when I look at that thick coating of honey on top. Great pictures and well presented!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really miss my grandmother's fish-curry. And I miss her bread pudding.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pancakes are an amazing breakfast food. I actually tend to eat plain pancakes for breakfast everyday when im back home. That is a meal that I miss a lot back home. Oh and a little off topic but pancakes taste so good but after im finished with them I feel so full and sick. The taste is worth the sick feeling after eating them

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those pan cakes are indeed inviting and beautiful!And they can be the symbol of mom or anyone you miss.Actually,they can easily recall what you love and what you cherish.I can feel you homesickness~

    ReplyDelete