Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Shawarma

Last night, I was staying up late, revising and studying for my finals next week when my stomach started growling. It reminded of the food I used to eat when I studying late, back in high school. It was Shawarma, heavenly food that is super-convinient and will instantly fill you up whenever and wherever you are.













For some of you that don't know about Shawarma, it is a type of roll that looks kind of like a burrito but it has a thicker bread and the insides usually consist of chicken or lamb. Then garlic and some other vegetables are added to it and mixed well. The tender meat is heated on a stick infront of the stove and is rolled every minute to prevent it from getting over-cooked.

The more I thought about the Sharwarma, the more I missed eating it. And that is also one of the things I'm looking forward to when I'm going back for winter break!

5 comments:

  1. The best part about Sharwarmas is that they're cooked right in front of you so you know that its going to be fresh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look a lot like Greek gyros, althought i'm sure they have a much different combination of flavors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah I was going to say it looked like a gyro too. Brittain serves those sometimes, but I can't get over eating lamb. I'd rather have chicken or beef.

    ReplyDelete
  4. mmm, it looks really tasty. Reminds me of the kind of tender meat they have in a lot of Turkish dishes. It looks very similar to the gyros or the Turkish döner

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used to have these in Dubai too. You can usually choose whether you want to put the meat with spicy seasoning vs. bland and then you can choose between chicken and lamb. Simply Delicious

    ReplyDelete