Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Pho - Vietnamese Noodle


Phở is a traditional Vietnamese noodle that has beef, rice noodle, basil and bean sprouts.On the top of the soup, the meat is usually raw, but since the soup is served very hot, you could drop the meat inside the soup and the meat will be cooked. The soup is a clear beef broth, which you can easily taste. The noodle is made out of rice. My favorite has beef tendon and round briskets with the sliced beef. It usually hard to find a Phở restaurant and I have not found one that sells authentic Phở. When I went back to Chicago for Thanksgiving, I got to eat Phở. I recommend Phở when the weather is cold or rainy.

5 comments:

  1. Vietnamese noodle is tasty, especially the soup, and i agree with you that eating the noodle in winter time is definitely one of the best choice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Back in my hometown, they serve a Pho dish called Popeye Noodles (for tourists I am guessing? Never can remember the real name of it though). Regardless of the weather, that soup is worth a long trip from one side of the U.S. to the other! The broth is to die for and instead of basil, they put spinnach (yay for once an appropriate name :))

    Places here do not compare to such a place but they definitely are great during rain/cold weather like today. :( Wish there was one nearby aside from Tin Drum.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, Tin Drum doesn't serve a "real" Pho. I think if you go to downtown, you can find a good restaurant that offers good Pho

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. Hearing about pho makes me remember the trips my family used to take to Hawaii. There was a really authentic pho restaurant that we used to go to every day. I wish we could cook it here at Tech, but we're stuck with boring ramen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The noodles there(in Atlanta) taste really dull..I cannot even call it "noodles" because they are not chewy at all.Fortunately this winter I will come back to China and embrace the true "noodles"!

    ReplyDelete