Monday, November 30, 2009

Thanksgiving Dinner

Several days before Thanksgiving break, my family found out that my aunt Joanne had passed away and that her funeral would be the Saturday after Thanksgiving in Austin. So after much discussion we decided to have Thanksgiving dinner at home as planned, and immediately following the early dinner jump in the car for Texas. Waking up Thanksgiving morning after packing my mother was already done preparing the turkey and placing it in the oven. So as my mom began preparing the other dishes my dad and packed and set up everything in the van for the long drive to Texas. Once I had got done packing up the van, I started on my one duty for the big dinner, dessert. My mom had already made cherry pie, so I decided to make chocolate cheesecake. Once the cheesecake was done cooking, and had set out for awhile, it was time to eat. My mother’s huge Turkey was cooked to perfection, and I filled my plate with generous portions of both white and dark meat. My mother had also mad sweet potato casserole, stuffing, cranberry sauce, green beans, and mashed potatoes and gravy, all of which were extremely good, and made an excellent Thanksgiving dinner. Then for dessert, despite being extremely full. We pulled the chocolate cheesecake out of the refrigerator and ate what turned out to be an extremely fluffy and delicious dessert.

No comments:

Post a Comment