Friday, October 16, 2009

Appetizers

Heres a change from the usual complicated dishes. Something easier to make, doesn't require many ingriendients, can be changed easily depending on ones taste and hopefully cheaper to buy too. It one of the many faviorite appetizers - Paneer Tikka. The sourness of the lemon, spiceness of the masalas, and the thick well cooked cottage cheese(paneer) already brings water to my mouth. Here's the recipe

Ingriedients:-
• 1/2 kg Paneer, cubed into 3 cm pieces
• 200 gms Plain yogurt
• 2 tsp Garlic paste
• 1 Lemon
• 1 Onion, sliced
• 2 tsp Ginger paste
• 1 tsp Chaat masala powder
• 2 tsp Tandoori masala
• 1 tsp Black pepper
• Salt to taste
• Cooking oil for brushing

Recipie:-
Mix together all ingredients except the ingredients for garnishing.
Leave it aside for half an hour.
Preheat oven to 350 degree F. Keep the paneer in a drip pan and bake for about 10 minutes.
Remove and brush the paneer with oil and again bake for 10 minutes.
Garnish with onion rings and lemon.
Ready to serve.
Its pretty easy to try and tastes amazing at the end, i can assure you that.
passionateaboutbaking.com

8 comments:

  1. That looks pretty good. Not sure if I'd have cheese on it rather than chicken. But I love shish kabobs, so I'll have to try it sometime. I never would have tried baking cheese. I thought that it would melt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks pretty easy to make,though doing it in dorm may be a little bit hard. Adding some meat may be fantastic~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually this is different from cheese. Cottage cheese or paneer as it is called tastes much different from cheese and behaves much differently from cheese on application of heat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks delicious. I might try it my next free weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It seems like this would have a lot of flavor to it. And the recipe seems quite simple, I'm going to try this

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG, this looks so mouthwatering... But I doubt if I can make it with the simple equipment in my kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aren't there grills in the quads? I know we have some in my quad. Maybe some of us from P4 can get together one weekend and make shish kabobs. We could all bring our own ingredients and mix and match.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Its been ages since I've had a paneer tikka. I'd really like to try out that recipe. But I'm not sure where to buy the paneer cubes.

    ReplyDelete