Friday, October 2, 2009

http://www.thecounterburger.com/cultureImages/152
Wednesday after school on my way home I decided to try a restaurant that had wanted to try ever since it opened up but I had yet to try it. The pulling into the restaurant the sign read The Counter custom built burgers, and had a picture of delicious looking, decked out burger. Stepping into the restaurant the first thing that caught my eye, as the name promise’s was the large counter that stretches across the entire front half of the restaurant, giving the feeling of an old time country diner. There was a small menu with various sandwiches and side dishes but the main attraction is of course their “custom built burgers”, which to order they give you a paper with a list of the various meats, sizes, toppings, sauces, and bun type you can choose from. Their most impressive selection is their toppings in which despite the basics (lettuce, tomato, pickles) is quite unique, ranging from onion rings to grilled pineapple and everywhere in-between. Being rather conventional I chose the 1/3 lb beef burger with lettuce, tomatoes, pickles, and horseradish grilled onions on a regular white bun with horseradish mayonnaise. The burger was absolutely amazing, cooked perfectly medium rare as I ordered it, and dripping in rich juicy greasy, fatty, tenderness that all good beef should enjoy. All of the veggies were fresh and crisp, with the tomatoes being a large and voluptuous ripe red that added to the beef. Also the horseradish onions which were poured on top had all the flavor of a good grilled onion with the perfect hint of horseradish heat, and surprisingly however despite the onions did not cover up the taste of the meat but somehow added to the taste. Most surprising was the horseradish mayonnaise, expecting the typical white horsey sauce found at Arby’s and sold in bottles at stores, I was not expecting the pink and speckled stuff I received. Somehow though I knew I could trust this pink sauce and I found myself pouring it all over the beef after take a few bites without it. I was not disappointed, the sauce was amazing and added a sort of sweet and spicy zest to the burger that I had never experienced before but immediately became an absolute essential for every bit I took. I finished off my burger, completely satisfied.

2 comments:

  1. Wow that place sounds like a perfect restaurant. That burger from the picture is HUGE! How did you manage to eat that whole thing? But again that looks very tasty and ill have to definitely try that restaurant one day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where exactly is this place??sounds interesting!!but do they have custom built veggie burgers...im dying to have a good veggie burgers the ones at brittain arnt so great at the veggie stuff.

    ReplyDelete