Thursday, October 15, 2009

Pandini's = blahhh

As the title of this post may suggest, I am not a fan of Pandini's. Before coming to GA Tech, I had never heard of Pandini's. After passing by it several times in the student center, I decided to try it. That was a mistake. The first time I dined there, I ordered my all time favorite dish, Chicken Alfredo. It was the WORST Chicken Alfredo I have ever had the displeasure of eating!! First, they took forever to make it. I had to wait 25 minutes before I finally was able to eat. Second, the dish was extremely hott so I had to wait even longer to eat it. Finally, when I took that first bite, it was so tasteless that I had to stop and actually question what I was eating. Chicken Alfredo is supposed to have a creamy thick sauce and chopped up grilled chicken in it. Pandini's Chicken Alfredo was the complete opposite. The sauce was watery and it contained giant pieces of whole chicken in it. It was such an awful dish that I couldn't even finish it! That's saying something because I almost always finish my meal even if I don't like it.

After that first bad experience with Pandini's, I stayed far far away from it. Today I summed the courage to try it again and give it another chance. That was an even bigger mistake than my first visit to the restaurant. I decided to play it safe and just get my second favorite food; pizza. I grabbed the pizza box that contained Chicken Buffalo Pizza. I paid for it and made my way to a table. I opened up the box and grabbed a slice of pizza. With that first bite I expected to find soft warm cheesy goodness. Instead I received a mouthful of the most salty, disgusting pizza I have ever tasted. I almost threw the bite out of my mouth. With the help of my drink, I was able to wash down that bite. I thought perhaps if I just drowned the pizza in Parmesan cheese that it would absorb the saltiness of it. It definitely didn't. Every bite I took was more nauseating than the last! After an hour of attempting to eat the pizza, I finally gave up and only ended up eating two slices. I most definitely have NEVER EVER not eaten all of my pizza and not wanted second helpings of it. It actually made me sad to know that pizza could come in such a repulsive taste.

With these two awful food experiences, I think it's safe to assume that I will never go to eat at Pandini's ever again.

7 comments:

  1. Thank you for your caution.
    Every time I go to student center, I eat sushi and it's safe, not very delicious but not as terrible as what you have ate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I usually get the sesame seed chicken and fried rice at the student center. Good to know that I don't want to eat at Pandini's on the days I feel adventurous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I never thought that pizza could taste that bad. Well, isn't that "fast" food? Bland food that is suppose to come quickly but doesn't.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting experience. I wonder how Pandini's pizza compares to Brittian's?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your cautionary review is indeed helpful...I've been contemplating trying it out sometime, but now I know it's probably not worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The alfredo at ray's pizza at tech square was pretty good but i didn't have any chicken in mine so i wouldn't know if the chicken one is good or not. But I noticed a lot of the restaurants on campus aren't that great/ have slow service. I think Jazzman's needs improvement. They barely ever have anything or they can be slow at times

    ReplyDelete
  7. Havent ever gone there was planning to so thanks for the heads up.Ive heard a lot of bad commemts about it too actually not as bad experiences as yours. The pizza hut is much better though, theyre breadsticks are amazing.

    ReplyDelete