Wednesday, October 28, 2009

The Pasta Counter: The Crown Jewel of Woodys

Its true that the quality of food at the dining halls varies from day to day. But no matter how bad the rest of the food is at Woodys, the pasta is always delicious. It is the only thing at Woodys that is consistently good. What I enjoy about the pasta counter is that the pasta is prepared in front of you and you get to choose everything that goes in it from the sauce to the seasoning. My personal favorite is the penne with alfredo sauce and mushrooms. Of course, its not without its problems. Its only open for a short period of time and it usually has the longest line. And sometimes they run out of ingredients so you're forced to make do with whatever is left. But whenever I'm lucky enough to walk into Woodys and find the pasta counter open, I know I'm in for a treat.

9 comments:

  1. Actually I prefer pizza, cause I am not used to the taste of the pasta.

    Anyway, pasta is always popular, most people love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with this. Also, try the shrimp scampi. You have to wait in line for this as well but I tried it yesterday and it was pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've found the sandwich good as well although I don't usually go for it because of the line. Whenever the line is nonexistent though, :) it's worth a try.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thts good the pasta counter at at brittain is usually the same and i doubt if its even open half of the time or no?!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah I agree, they have great pasta options. It seems like whenever I go in to eat, there is a huge line and the lady that works it is so slow. She always tells me to speak up, but the only reason is because I cant understand her....haha

    ReplyDelete
  6. Actually, there is line for pasta counter @ Brittain. I don't know whether it depends on the time of the day. I usually get pasta b/c it's good and usually there is no line or a short line.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The pasta is one of the more consistent meals at Brittain as well. I prefer the marinara sauce with lots of veggies myself.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I totally agree on the mushrooms and Alfredo sauce, good call Shivam. Oh and the pasta line at brittain is never open. I think I have had pasta from there maybe twice. Also, I believe that the most consistent meal at the dining hall is the burgers. One pretty much knows what he or she is going to get with a burger. But yes, mushrooms and Alfredo are good. Anyone else here think that peas are terrible in pasta? I really hate peas in my pasta.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The best thing about the woody is that it gets lots of fresh fruits everyday. They all look nicer and freher than the ones in Brttain~

    ReplyDelete