Thursday, October 1, 2009

Spice it up!

During the time in GT, I always think of all kinds of spicy food back home. It's not the case that American dishes don't have chili or peppers in them. But the Chinese spicy food has its unique tastes. The spicy taste even differs in different regions. Among all the provinces which are famous for spicy food, I like Sichuan hotpot the best!

The hotpot is divided into two sides, the dressing or soup in one side is extremely hot while the other is pretty mild. When you dip some vegetables or meat in them, they will turn to red immediately. Just one bite will spray the spicy tast through your mouth. It's hard to describe the kind of feeling when you are eating hotpot and drinking coke at the same time. It's so awsome!
This is the thing I miss most back in China~ If you like spicy food like I do, come to China and definitely try the Sichuan Hotpot!

5 comments:

  1. I really like the picture you chose. And as for the description about turning things red on contact, if its true, I would dip random food in there just to see the changes (as well as taste of it of course). What kinds of meats and foods go well with it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hotpot is where you can put in any food in and wait until it turns red. And, I definitely recommend Sichuan hotpot cause it is so eminent and actually enticing.
    Don't miss Sichuan hotpot if you love tasting fabulous food!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love spicy food. There's this one dish called "Tom Yam" that's so can be so spicy that you have to be careful when you swallow. It's weird to explain but you can choke easily...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I definitely want to go visit China one day, but I do not want to try the spicy dishes. My whole family loves their spicy sauces and dishes, but me on the other hand, I strongly dislike spicy/hot food. It just burns my mouth, and I do not enjoy the taste of the food at all. I am the kind of guy who orders the mild wings at a restaurant.

    Michael Miller

    ReplyDelete
  5. Spicy is good, but I think it can easily be over done. Some foods are so spicy that instead of adding flavor, it just adds pain. Spicy is good in moderation.

    ReplyDelete