Sunday, October 18, 2009

Ummmmmm Buttery

http://www.flickr.com/photos/el_gray/3614424822/
Flipping through the new items featured at my local Steak N Shake, I was surprised to see Wisconsin Butter as one of the new features. I was immediately reminded of The Simpsons when Homer Simpson is standing over Bart and demanding him to butter his bacon and bart complaining that his heart hurt. Yet the idea of a butter burger sounded quite good, so after debating between the Wisconsin Butter burger and my usual double bacon burger I finally decided to try the butter soaked beef. When the burger arrived I immediately took off the bun and examined the yellow butter soaked onions and beef patty that were glistening back in the light. As my mouth began to water I picked up the butter soaked burger and watched as the shiny yellow substances drip out the back of the burger. As I took a bite my mouth was instantly filled with the juicy, rich, cholesterol filled goodness of onions, beef, and butter. I quickly decided that this buttery burger would become my new Steak N Shake food of choice.

6 comments:

  1. I'm astounded that they would make something like this and advertise it this way, especially in a time when everyone seems to be interested in healthier foods. There's got to be a better way to phrase that than just coming out and telling everyone that the whole thing is soaked in butter.

    But it sounds fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Butter in moderation is OK, but doesn't too much butter lead to cholesterol? I'm not sure if a butter soaked burger is any healthier than a normal one, though I'd imagine it tasting awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It seems good to me, but I just can't get it that how is it different from McDonald's. To be honest, I think burgers in dining hall are pretty good. At least, it's as good as what I have in McDonald's in China. I think that's because I didn't have as many burgers as you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds good but all the talk about butter would make me feel way too guilty to ever eat it. I stick with the milk shakes at steak n shake

    ReplyDelete
  5. You should be wary. The butter burgers in Wisconsin use to taste delicious, but the have taken a turn for the worst.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not sure if I want to try a burger that is covered in butter. Not only does it sound very unhealthy, but it sounds like it would make me puke eating a glob of melted butter. Doesn't sound too appetizing.

    ReplyDelete