Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Good Fellas, Bad Timing

After deep consideration, the McDade theory of Complex Adjectives is very flawed. I felt that, like many of my insane theories, there was very little evidence to back up my comment in class about the Tavern on the Green critique. Soooo I decided to blog on my eating experience last night.
My friends and I decided that we were going to Goodfells last night at 1 a.m. They all told me I needed to get one of their famous calzones, so naturally i did. After a seemingly endless period of waiting, the calzone was ready. So I grabbed it, sat down with my friends, and instantly began to tear it apart! It was amazing! A heaven of cheese, crust, and pepperoni filled my mouth! At this point the culinary experience was amazing, but little did I know the consequences. My stomach has hurt all day and I am tired beyond all belief (got back at 3 am). Despite these severe effects, I would do it all over again! And the very best part is that there is still 1/3 of it left in my fridge which I am about to indulge my self upon right now. The moral of the story = Goodfellas is amazing, but be willing to cope with the consequences!

4 comments:

  1. If I have time,I would definitely try that some time. After coming to U.S, I haven't tasted some good American food...(Does dinning hall count?) But I will consider about the consequences.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would say only the Burgers count as "good American food," but you definitely need to try Goodfellas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The food they make there smells awesome however the only time I've gone there was on my birthday and due to traditions, I'm pretty much stuck having to find a bowl of spaghetti (long noodles = long life). The garlic bread was divine but I think I'd have preferred trying what my friends had ordered. I think one of them was teriyaki chicken wings or something along those lines.

    It was so good that my friends couldn't finish it all in one sitting. Thankfully it was Friday and only around 4-5p.m. so there weren't alot of consequences we couldn't handle. However to want to go for such food even with those consequences, you must have relly enjoyed that meal :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just curious, is there anything that can be considered American food except for hamburger. I once thought pizza was American but it turns out italian. I hear people talk about Mexico food, Italian food, French food all the time, but I seldom see people use the term American food.

    ReplyDelete