Monday, September 21, 2009

Chinatown or Brittain?


This Saturday I went to the Chinatown in Atlanta ate dim sum with friends. The food tasted amazing, I cannot use any adjectives to describe the tastes, and it made my day better. Shrimp dumplings, pork porridge, ribs, egg cake, I haven’t ate those food for almost 1 month, my taste buds are dying to be enriched by those food. The food at Brittain dinning hall will only fill you stomach, but the food cannot offer you the enjoyment of a meal. Bacon cheeseburger, french fries, eating junk food everyday will reduce my age by 5 years. I enjoy eating delicious western food, however, I still found sincere every time I eat Chinese food. I’ve been going to Wingnuts at least 4 times a week after midnight to satisfy my hungry stomach, every time will coast me over 5 dollars to eat some fried chicken wings. College students suppose to be poor, and I cannot afford eating Wingnuts every night, so I bought some Chinese fast noodle and authentic beverages imported from China in Chinatown. One bag of noodle coasts me 90 cents, and one can of drink coast me 1 dollar, which are way cheaper than Wingnuts, and the noodle tastes better.

Living in the United States for three and half years, I suppose to embrace and adapt the American culture, however, I still discover from deep of my heart that I am a Chinese. I can speak fluent English with great pronunciation, but I cannot think like an American, act like an American, yield out or understand humors as an American. I found eating food from China is one of the best pathways to connect myself to my life in China.  

7 comments:

  1. Yep! The food there were so awesome! The decorarions and the dishes were classical Chinese dishes which I enjoyed a lot. I would definitely go back there sometimes if I got some leisure time. Unfortunately, the waiters there spoke Cantonese which I didn't quite understand. But who cares as long as we got great food~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know they had a chinatown in Atlanta. What is the location ?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never been there and don't know it's location.But it is indeed attractive as you described to go there.Admittedly,food there is likely to remind me of China.

    And what you got from Chinatown are indeed the things that feed me every late night.In some ways,I live on them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know that the Buford Highway (which is actually in a suburb of Atlanta: Doraville) has a LOT of Asian food and restaurants. That's where I go to buy groceries and get my Asian food fix. I don't know if this is the Chinatown which people are referring to, though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think the Buford Highway is more like Koreantown than Chinatown. There are so many Korean restaurants and cafes on Buford Highway.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Koreantown, Chinatown, who cares?!?!? There both better than Brittain. Wouldn't it be great if there was a Chinatown right next to GT?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree that food in Chinatown is great but I don't totally agree Brittain is worse. For me, Brittain is kind of McDonald and I really like it somethings when I get tired of what I have everyday. So I would say whether the food is good or not depends on what you have every day. What we need is something different.

    ReplyDelete