Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Two Cookbooks

By Logan Betzen

As I perused my sister's collection of cookbooks, I was fascinated by many of them but two stuck out to me. The first cookbook that made my mouth water Martha Stewart's Cupcakes. On the cover is a mouth-watering picture of a giant chocolate cupcake -- I was hooked. Inside, I found a multitude of traditional, seasonal, and unusual cupcakes that had me so fascinated I spent at least thirty minutes browsing through it. I would really like to try the peanut butter & jelly cupcake -- two of my favorite things together!

Then, the second cookbook that interested me was Guy Fieri's Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives. My sister was telling me about how she watches his TV show all the time and I might start doing so too. The pictures of all the food featured in Fieri's cookbook looked deliciously tasty. The page featuring Rubbed and Almost Fried Turkey Sandwich from Panini Pete's in Fairhope, Alabama makes me want to drive down there just to try it for myself.

Image 1: Martha Stewart's Cupcakes. From Barnes and Noble. http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Martha-Stewarts-Cupcakes/Martha-Stewart-Living-Magazine/e/9780307460448/?cds2Pid=16983 (accessed September 08, 2009)

Image 2: Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives by Guy Fieri. From Barnes and Noble. http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Diners-Drive-ins-and-Dives/Guy-Fieri/e/9780061724886/

No comments:

Post a Comment