Friday, September 25, 2009

Grandma's Chocolate Pudding Cake

http://www.1-recipes.com/cake-recipes/Chocolate-pudding-cake-recipe/b-chocolatepudding-cake1.jpg

A few weeks ago, after our cookbook review, I suddenly got the urge to do something I hadn’t done in a long time, cook. So immediately went to my favorite dessert cookbook, that I had just got done writing a review on, and searched for something that would be fairly simple and that we already had all the supplies for at home. Immediately my fell upon a recipe entitled Grandma’s Chocolate pudding Cake, the picture looked delicious and glancing through the ingredients the recipe looked rather simple. Here’s the recipe copied from Chocolate Treats
Cake: 1. Preheat oven to 350F. Grease 8 inch square baking pan, stir together 1/3 cup sugar and 2 tablespoons cocoa; set aside 2. In prepared baking pan stir together 1 cup sugar, ¼ cup cocoa, 1 cup flour, and 2 teaspoons baking powder. Pour in ½ cup milk, 3 tablespoons melted butter, and 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract, until mixture is blended. 3. Spread batter evenly in pan. Sprinkle reserved sugar and cocoa mixture over batter; do not mix in. 4. Pour water over batter; do not stir. 5. Bake in center of oven for 40-45 minutes; until top is cracked; cool for 15 minutes. 6. For whipped cream combine cream and maple syrup. Beat on medium speed until peaks form.
The maple syrup whip cream sounded kind of peculiar to me at first but then the more I thought about it, it sounded rather good, and almost necessary for the chocolatley sweetness of pudding cake. I did not have any cream, but instead I released the remaining contents of a can of whipped cream into a bowl and whipped in the maple syrup, and was in fact absolutely delicious. The cake was delicious and the maple syrup whip cream was the perfect accompaniment for the dessert.
Recipe Citation: Chocolate Treats. Lincolnwood, Il: Publications International, Ltd, 2002. Print.

6 comments:

  1. That sounds delicious. Was it your actual grandma's recipe or was that just the title?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, if I have that kind of equipmemt, i would definitely try that! It seems very delicious~

    ReplyDelete
  3. The recipe seems to be somewhat complex..Are you managed to make it? Great job!

    The appearance of it is inviting especially for people who love chocolate like me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The other day, after we got our ice creams from Brittain, my roommate told me that his grandma's homemade ice cream tastes so much better. He also told me about many dessert made by his grandma. I have no memory of my memory of my grandma cook me anything. You and my roommate are lucky for having a grandma who cooks you delicious food.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmmm... Chocolate + Pudding + Cake = A great combination. I think that desert is one of the best things to make too because I don't know anyone hungry or full who wouldn't pass up a good, homemade desert.

    ReplyDelete
  6. if it was easier id try and make it, sounds pretty tasty!!!!the brownies and ice-cream at the dining halls are good but its always the same...this would be good change!!

    ReplyDelete