Thursday, September 24, 2009

Food Lies!!!



Each day I walk into Britain Dining Hall to nourish my body. As I walk into the back, my nose is assaulted by a mixture of aromas produced by the many dishes. Some smell good, others don't, but overall I start to think that it would be impossible to not find something worth eating. I follow my olfactory senses to the most promising candidates. Once there, I realize that they truly smell delicious.

Its a lie.

As I place the food on my plate, I am surprised at the way it looks. Its not mushy or slimy looking, but pleasant and inviting. I can see bits of herbs mixed in, and the sauces have great color. It looks good! It looks edible!

Its a lie!

As I sit down at the table, my mouth waters in anticipation. The way the food looks and it's aromas promises a great tasting meal of epic proportions. If it smells go and looks good, then it has to taste good right?

Lie! Lie! LIE!!!!!!

The exciting flavors promised by the smell are nonexistent! Instead my mouth is filled with bland, cheap flavors! The interesting textures promised by the way it looks are actually hard or mushy heaps of disgust! The image of a great meal foretold by my senses is swiftly erased from my mind and replaced by a nightmare!!!

Food.

It lies.

http://www.gatech.edu/images/splashEmergencyGTENS.jpg

6 comments:

  1. Sometimes it tells the truth cause you can be implied from the strange smell and odd appearance, which indicate that the food is hard to swallow.
    And the smell of diverse sorts of food mixed together is indescribable and warns you that food there can be nasty.

    Also, the Brittain building lies cause it seems to be aesthetic to invite people to eat there.But after you enter it, the little room inside(especially for picking up food)makes you want to leave the crowded place to escape from the compressed space.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry to hear about your failure with the inferior Britain Dining Hall. HOnetsly, Woodruff, "Woody's", is where it's at. The looks of the food is NOT a lie, but a signal of the beautiful meal that is to come. The aroma is NOT a lie, but an invitation to a hearty meal.

    Michael Miller

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brittain Dining Hall does seem to ruin any hopes you have of food. I do think there is a great room for improvement in their meals. We have to do all we can to survive through these first years at tech.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yeah......and everytime you go there they have this distinct pecular smell whatever be on the menu ...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would say what you experienced happened all of the time within the first month I came here. Someone is just so talented to make the outlooking and the taste so different. I thought it was because I am new here that I am fooled. It turned out everyone was fooled, and it made me feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really? A nightmare? I mean...I am no huge fan of Britain Dinning Hall, but lets be a little realistic here. Their food is not that bad. I had some of the best roast beef I have ever had in their just last night!

    ReplyDelete