Monday, September 28, 2009

To Tea or Not to Tea.

Since I got here, I have realized that I have realized that America is a coffee nation. People tend to drink coffee over tea. I don’t mind coffee but I prefer tea since it tends to have more flavor and you don’t necessarily need much equipment to make good tea. All you need is some hot water, tea bag, some milk and sugar if you like it sweet. I was surprised when I ordered a tea at a local café that they used a syrup instead of real tea which left me disappointed. Since then I have been making my own tea and have become good at it.

6 comments:

  1. Not all of us drink coffee, but most Americans do drink it. I never thought that the reason people drank coffee was because most of the other drinks available just aren't as well prepared.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I prefer tea to coffee.But disappointedly,I can hardly find the real tea there.What I can find is coffee, coffee, and coffee! I really miss the tea in China.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I prefer tea to coffee as well. But the tea I am talking about is good old southern sweet tea. All they have here is the fountain sweet tea, which is nothing like the real brewed sweet tea. I've actually never had hot tea before.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well i used to love both but the tea here isnt quite right. The coffe here too i think is stronger than back home.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I definitely prefer tea. I can only take frappuccinos or coffee ice cream, the real thing usually gives me a headache. I like to believe that tea is healthier so I try to restrain myself from adding too much sugar and use honey as a substitute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like this title. I though the same as you did because my American English teacher just went crazy about coffee. He even needed a can before going to the restroom, otherwise he would feel like struck. But people here vary a lot. I have met some Americans who don't like tea at all and that seems commom.

    ReplyDelete