Friday, September 25, 2009

Hmmmm Beef!

It was a Friday afternoon and I was absolutely starving, fighting my way through traffic to get home for dinner, I realized that I needed something to eat, but I should just wait until I got home where I knew I would have dinner waiting, each exit I thought of getting off and grabbing a bite to eat, at the most convenient fast food place but then stopped myself. Finally as I was pulling off at the exit where my house is, I realized I could not stand the extra ten minutes that it would take to get to my house, so I took a right off the ramp instead of the left to get to my house and pulled into the Steak N Shake drive-thru.
As I rolled down the window to order the cheapest item, a single hamburger, to tied me over, my stomach began to rumble, looking for some remainder of the bowl of cheerios I had had 12 hours earlier, I changed my mind and went for a double cheeseburger with a side of fries. As soon as I had handed over my $4.27, and received the glorious white bag of greasy meaty goodness I tore open the surrounding paper and devoured the entire burger in several large bites, which sent bits of onions, tomatoes, and grease flying through my car. Finishing the burger before I had made it back onto the road, I then set my eyes, mouth, and stomach upon the fries, which I picked up in the largest manageable handfuls I could and stuffed the golden fried goodness in my mouth. http://mandami.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/placemat.jpg
I was finished before I crossed back over the highway to head home, and I immediately picked up the speed to settle my slightly delayed hunger, with the glorious dinner I had waiting at home. To my great pleasure, my mom had cooked steak! Not mentioning the fact that I had just picked up fast food approximately 8 and half minutes ago, I gladly accepted the largest T-bone available, which had just arrived off the grill minutes before I pulled in. After thoroughly enjoying the tender, juicy, delectable, medium rare meat, a loaded baked potato, salad, and a chocolate milkshake to wash everything down with, I sat back completely and utterly full, I attempted to calculate how many calories I had consumed in the last 30 minutes http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://store.theperfectsteak.com/store/images/Tbone-steak.gif&imgrefurl=http://chatham-county-nc.com/bulletinboard/index.php%3Ftopic%3D13864.0&usg=__fFUS3jEbxMG_HQM0iFFoxzOu2uQ=&h=300&w=300&sz=63&hl=en&start=22&tbnid=nvqXfT7xEPQmgM:&tbnh=116&tbnw=116&prev=/images%3Fq%3DT-Bone%2Bsteak%26gbv%3D2%26ndsp%3D20%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DN%26start%3D20

3 comments:

  1. The beak looks so enticing!I hope that I can take a bite, but actually, what I can do is just gulp munchies now...sigh.

    And your dinner is so attractive and fantastic that makes my stomach rumble~

    Late night is always the tough time for starving people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In my opinion beef is always a good idea for a meal. I could definitely go for a good steak. I haven't had one in ages.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never tasted steak or seen it being prepared but what exactly does medium rare meat mean??Is cooking steak the same as barbequing ?

    ReplyDelete