Thursday, September 24, 2009

Ohh! The great VARSITY!!!!!





The Varsity! If you have not been to the Varsity yet, then you are missing out on some of the most delicious fast food EVER! Almost every Saturday I try to go to the Varsity for lunch. Everytime I go I always order the samething, one naked hot dog, one cheeseburger, fries and a water. Now that doesnt seem like a lot of food at first because the hot dog and burger arent too large, but I always get full before I finish. When I get my food and finally find a place to sit, I find myself staring at the plate for a few mintues before I dive into greatness. The pressed burger with the cheese peaking out the sides, and the fries lay one on top of the other hanging off the edges of the tray. When I say greatness, I am reffering to the taste and looks, not the feeling after. For some reason I always find myself leaving the Varsity in pain, but I still go back every weekend and order the samething. I do not know what it is, I mean why would someone go back to the same resteraunt, if it makes that person miserable. Knowing that my stomach totally hates the greesy food from the Varsity, my taste buds still cannot refuse their food. After reading this you might say to yourself that you will never go to the Varsity or I hope you say to yourself that you will be going to the Varsity this weekend. Either way you are making the right decision. If you choose to go you will witness fast food at its best, but if you choose not to go you will remain healthy. For all of you that have been to the Varsity, was your experience similar to mine?

Michael Miller

8 comments:

  1. I will go to the Varsity maybe once a month, to witness fast food at its best and also to remain healthy.
    Why do you always order the same stuff? Try something new and find surprise and pleasure!
    Actually, junk food put us into the dilemma that we know it damage our health but we cannot resist it!

    PS: In the sentence"...hates the greesy food from the Varsity", do you mean "greasy"?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know....I have yet to eat there. I should probably do that. I've heard so many great things, and this just reiterates that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree the food is awesome, but personally I do not think you get enough food for what your paying for. The burgers are tiny, but delicious. But I guess you do get a goodbit of fries, which are probably the reason for your pain, I don't think there is single item out there that conatins as much grease as a Varsity french fry, which is of course why there so delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. sueczech.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/varsity2.jpg

    The picture of the the Varsity sign came from this link.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, I need to try the Varsity as well. The problem is, I've heard it's a place that's distinctively 'Atlantan' and that you should try at least once, but I've also heard from some that the food is overrated, which makes me less willing to go there. But perhaps I will try it at least once.

    Is there any way to put a positive spin on "greasy"? It's such a negative term. I know fatty food considered high-class is often described as "rich".

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't been there since living on campus sadly, but I have been before. It is quite a unique experience, and quite good. Though I certainly wouldn't recommend going too often. The food is good in its own style, but my favorite part about it is the Frosted Orange drink. Absolutely wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like the food at the varsity even though its dripping with grease. It may not look very good but it tastes amazing

    ReplyDelete