Sunday, September 20, 2009

Long Lines at Brittain Dining Hall

Have you ever noticed how long the breakfast and hamburger limes are at Brittain Dining Hall? This surprises me and frustrates me every time I go in there. I'm usually pretty hungry when I go in for a meal and end up eating the same old pasta and pizza because it's the quickest get-in-get-out food available. I would love to have eggs and pancakes for breakfast but I don't have the time, must less the patience, to wait in line like herded cows to the slaughter. Isn't there any way they could fix this?

Maybe if they implemented two "windows" to get burgers and breakfast. Or, maybe they could open a new dining hall at North Avenue Apartments -- which I hear is actually going to happen this time -- to decrease the traffic in and out of Brittain Dining Hall. I've always felt that the "flow" and the layout of Brittain isn't quite right and that some serious efficiency problems need to be ironed out for visiting customers.


Until something happens to lower the long lines in Brittain Dining Hall, I will only be willing to eat the same old past and pizza that I have every night. Sigh...

What do you think? Do you love Brittain Dining Hall as much as I do? *NOTE: sarcasm.


Image: "Brittain Dining Hall." Courtesy Nellie Betzen. Taken Fall 2006.

3 comments:

  1. It seems to be a lot of people in Brittain at any time.The room for picking up food is really small and people had to huddle together in line.

    And to get a piece of pizza is a fater way but causes another problem: pizza goes too quickly!

    I hope that there can be more windows though it may come true just in imagination.

    Indeed I feel your "love".

    ReplyDelete
  2. What time do you all go to the dining hall!? I never have any extremely long waits for breakfast or burgers. Maybe I'm just a very patient person?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sympathize with you. The lines always seem the longest when I am the hungriest. I've found that grabbing an apple or a drink usually helps keep me occupied as I wait. Another dining hall would be nice, however I would hate to have to give up Wingnuts for it!

    ReplyDelete