Sunday, November 29, 2009

American Food


I was in Miami during my Thanksgiving break. I thought that I could finally get rid of dining hall for some days, but I was wrong. I figured no matter where I go, I was always surrounded by so-called American food: fries, fried wings, hamburgers. Everyone around me seemed perfectly happy to have the same fries, fried wings and hamburgers with different names. Unfortunately, to me, they all tasted similar to what I had in dining hall. Moreover, when I read US Today, I saw American soldiers in Afganistan were still having fries, fried wings and hamburgers as I did. How powerful is fast food! It makes everyone have the same thing every day.

4 comments:

  1. I know some people do not enjoy fast food, but I am a huge fan. I do believe that there can be really bad fast food. But there are so many good american places to get great food out there. I would say that it is just about what types of food that you are into.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, during my thanksgiving break, I have no choice but to eat some fast food. They are the only ones hwich open till midnight!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The wings at checkers were good, I was a little disappointed that we didnt go visit any chinese restaurant in Miami.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That food looks really good. I agree with Logan. Food doesn't have to be gourmet to taste good. Some of the best food in the world is fast food.

    ReplyDelete