Sunday, November 29, 2009

Thanksgiving post


I must say, there's just something about being on break from school that just makes a person want to eat more than under the usual circumstances. It's like you just feel more relaxed and food becomes more enjoyable. I'm not sure if it's just me or not, but when I'm stressed I barely have an apptetie and I only eat purely for the sake of eating because I know I will pass out if I don't! I mean it's not too too often that I am THAT stressed but I've noticed my stress level go up since I've started at tech. Needless to say, this thanksgiving break was definitely well deserved and far too short.
On thanksgiving day family and friends came over to my parent's house for dinner. I decided to venture out and try to make pumpkin pie! It was my first attempt at any such thing. The only thing I usually make are pasta dishes and sandwiches. I think my pumpkin pie turned out pretty good considering there were no leftovers from it! That could be though from the fact that everyone was just starving and eating anything in sight. Anyways, here's the recipe that I used. It's super fast and really easy, which was a benefit for a beginner such as myself. I thought perhaps someone else might enjoy it as well!

Pumpkin Pie:


Ingredients

* 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
* 1 (14 ounce) can EAGLE BRAND® Sweetened Condensed Milk
* 2 large eggs
* 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
* 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
* 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1 (9 inch) unbaked pie crust


Directions

1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Whisk pumpkin, sweetened condensed milk, eggs, spices and salt in medium bowl until smooth. Pour into crust. Bake 15 minutes.
2. Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F and continue baking 35 to 40 minutes or until knife inserted 1 inch from crust comes out clean. Cool. Garnish as desired. Store leftovers covered in refrigerator.

4 comments:

  1. I am a big fan of pumpkin pie and yours looks pretty good. Thanksgiving is such a great holiday because you can gorge yourself as much as you want without worrying about it. Plus pumpkin pie is a great dish is pig down on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you did a good job. I love anything pumpkin: pumpkin loaf, pumpkin spice lattes or fraps, pies etc. It's one of the things I love about the fall and winter time

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks really good. The dining hall had some pumpkin pie a while ago. It wasn't bad but I guess home made pie would taste better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hmm.... looks great! i think i'll tell my roommate about this so we can try making this together!

    ReplyDelete