Sunday, November 1, 2009

So I was cooking the other day and...

Every once and a while, its good to change the every day grind and cook for yourself. The food usually tastes better, and you have the satisfaction of providing for yourself. However, nothing ever seems to work out for me in the ideal way. I will now recount my latest cooking experience.

So I was cooking the other day and everything that could go wrong did. All I wanted to do was cook an easy relaxed meal with a few friends. We started cooking around four thirty in the afternoon. We didn't finish until nine thirty and in the meantime, I had managed to burn myself on the oven, get dough stuck on the ice-maker, and received a nice helping of raw egg in my mouth. Please don't ask for details. I give props to anyone that can cook. Its an art that I'm just not made for.

End Score: Cooking 3 : Ian 0

5 comments:

  1. Haha, great! Great!!! I bet those would've been great bloopers!!! Cooking is very difficult.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dont forget about throwing dough at people who were actually trying to cook. And at least you didnt have a repeat of Dan Akroyd's skit of Julia Childs but for real.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha. I swear I had no idea that was for real. Theres gonna be a lot of beeping in that part :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. salad goes so successfully~
    those things make cooking interesting and every one just enjoy the process~(especially for the audience and dough caster.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha... started at 4:30 and got done by 9:30
    I wonder what you were cooking?

    ReplyDelete