Sunday, November 1, 2009

Finally, I ate Peking Duck

Yesterday, fortunantely, I finally ate my favourite food (as I mentioned in the beginning of the class) I longed to eat. First, the duck is roasted in a special stove until the skin of the duck is glowing with a perfect golden color. Then the waiter will peel the duck in front of the customei and give the customer a plate of pancakes to roll the pieces of the duck and a bowl of sources to dip the duck. The taste is absolutely incredible!

I would not believe that I could taste such authentic Peking Duck here in Atlanta. Though it costed a little fortune, the satisfaction I brought me could hardly be described. This is a taste from hometown. After I ate Peking duck, I couldn't help telling my friends this piece of news and waited for their surprised expressions. My life was easier and happier with the taste od Chinese cuisine every week. I hope I can keep this happy mood till the end of this semester.

5 comments:

  1. Wow, duck, I have never had duck before. What is the taste like?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does it look like the picture you showed? If if does, it's definitely awesome!

    How much did it cost you? And where is it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had peeking duck once. I was a nice treat and a leap out of the ordinary.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pity! There are people who haven't have duck before. Definitely go try Peking Duck. I am not sure about it's taste here, but according to Hanzhen, it worth a try.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been to China twice, Beijing and Qingdao. From one of my visit to China, I got to experience Beijing Duck. It was delicious.I think I remember our tour guide telling us the skin is more important part of the Beijing duck than meat.

    ReplyDelete