Sunday, November 1, 2009

Food Fight !!!!

A week ago, I experienced food from a different point of view. Two Saturdays ago, the FAB club held the Freshman Food Fight in the Burger Bowl. The food fight was one of those things that I was happy to experience, but I might never do again. The event contained different mixing foods such as: mustard and cheetos, maple syrup and marshmellows, mashed potatoes, flour, thirty dozen eggs, tomatoes, ketchup, and noodles. Before I committed myself to this event, I felt that it would be very interesting, and not too disgusting. Well, as soon as it started, I found myself disagreeing with both of those assumptions. The goal of the game was to protect your captain from getting the dirtiest, while trying to cover the opposing captains in food. As soon as the whistle blew and the game began, I went after the yellow teams captain. About ten seconds after the start of the game, I had mashed potatoes in my left ear, and beamed a kid in the back with an egg. After that, the game went down hill, to say the least. I came up with the genius idea to grab the maple syrup and marshmellows to throw on someone. Well, I totally forgot that maple syrup is sticky, and after that everything stuck to my hands.

As the game contiued on, I kept running around the course to avoid food, and to hit other people with food. About ten minutes into the so called game, I reached for the mustard and cheetos as someone from the green team was approaching. That did not go as planned, I ended up getting more mustard on me than anyone else. The smell from the mustard quickly reached my nose, and I began to experience a horrible disliking in my stomach. As the smell got to me more and more, I thought I was going to throw up in the middle of the course. I decided to head for a corner, and I tried to regather myself so that I would not throw up everywhere. After getting myself together I grabbed the nearest supply of food, and aimed for a new target. The game continued , and ended up lasting for about thirty minutes. After thirty minutes, people were covered in food, and the source of food for throwing was scattered everywhere. The game was well fought from all four of the teams, but the yellow team came out with the victory.

I am sorry if this blog made you sick and hate food, but I definitely had a huge hatred for food at the end of that day. The whole game was a complete mess and there were people covered in syrup, flour, tomatoes etc. Now coming from someone who has experienced a real food fight, I do not want to give you a definite answer if you should try this sometime. But if some how your crazy self decides that you should participate, be ready for the worst, and do not expect to stay clean.

Michael Miller

7 comments:

  1. I saw bits of the food fight, and a couple of people from my hall participated in it. It sounds like it was a lot of fun. The mixing of some of those foods does not sound to great though. I know when a couple of devious combinations arise my stomach starts to turn. Props to you and your team.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds awesome and really nasty at the same time. I experienced one food fight during my freshman year in highschool but it was not nearly as intense as that one sounded

    ReplyDelete
  3. ha!!!!thts sounds sickingly fun!!!can imagine the amount of times one would need to take the bath to get everything completely off!!!......might try out one if there is next time...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Food fights are the best! They can be dangerous however. I once hit one of my friends in the face with a handful of peanut butter. I find out five minutes later that he is allergic to peanuts and have to rush him to the ER before his throat swelled shut...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had a feeling I'd leave a foodfight with the same feeling you did. I'm glad I didn't go.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Did you win? If you didn't, maybe you should have covered part of the marshmallows with syrup and held the non-sticky side. Then, when you hit someone with the sticky marshmallow, they wouldn't have been able to get it off. Mwhahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I participated, and it was pretty epic. The objective-based game quickly devolved into a free-for-all where the objective was to get everyone as dirty as possible.

    After the fight i had a mix of tomatoes, mustard, chocolate sauce, and papa john's garlic sauce on my face. It was a nauseating combination to have near my mouth and nose. On my way back to the dorm I jumped in the campanile to clean off, and left a disgusting cloud of food behind me when I got out. Pretty gross, but overall the food fight was a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete