Monday, November 30, 2009

A Southern Thanksgiving

I decided not to go back home to Connecticut this year for Thanksgiving, but I was lucky enough to be invited to my friend Hannah's house for break. I was excited to experience thanksgiving from a southern perspective, because I haven't really been outside of Atlanta since I've been down here. I was surprised to see that almost everything at Thanksgiving dinner was exactly the same as it was up north, with no real "southern" dishes being served. While thanksgiving dinner wasn't anything new, I got to try a few real southern dishes over the weekend. I tried grits for the first time (I avoided the grits at Brittain on Hannah's advice), and I tried a thing called "sausage log," which is basically a mix of sausage, cheese, gravy, and biscuits, which was fantastic. Overall, I'm glad I got to go to Hannah's house and experience some southern food.

No comments:

Post a Comment